Lasted Updated: ___/____/20__
This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to the website located at www.starbucks.vn and any other websites or applications, if applicable, including mobile applications associated with Starbucks brands or products that direct the viewer or user to this Statement. In this Statement, the terms “Starbucks,” “we,” and “us” refer to Viet Idea Food & Beverages Company Limited. This statement is to help you understand how we collect, use, disclose and / or process your personal data provided to us whether or not is now or in the future.
The Starbucks websites or applications to which this Statement applies may contain links to other websites or applications owned and operated by other companies. However, this Statement does not apply to such third party websites or applications.
By accessing this website, you acknowledge and agree that you accept the measurements, requirements, and / or policies described in this Privacy Statement, and hereby you agree to allow us to collect use, disclose and / or process your personal data as described herein.
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
– We may share your information with Service Providers who provide us with support services, such as website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing, order fulfilment and delivery, and analytics. We require these companies to refrain from collecting, using, and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
– If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
– We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law or the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Starbucks or our customers or partners.
– We may share your information with service providers to use your information on our behalf to provide you with promotions and special offers, inform you of contests, sweepstakes, and events or for other promotional purposes. We also may share aggregated statistics about your use of our websites and applications with other companies.
We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
– We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link the combined information to you.
When you use our websites or applications, we may allow third parties to collect information about you through cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. Read more about cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. The information collected by third parties may include the type of device, your operating system, your browser, your internet service provider, your domain name, your internet protocol (IP) address, your device identifier (or UDID), the website that referred you to our website, the web pages you view (including the date and time you viewed them), the services or functionality you access or use (including the date and time of your access or use) and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
We allow third parties to collect this information on our websites for the following purposes.
To Collect Information on How Our Websites and Applications, Are Used - We allow certain service providers to collect this information to help us understand how our websites and applications are used and to assist us in improving the content and operation of our online properties. These service providers collect aggregate statistical usage data that is not matched or linked to any individual user.
– We allow companies to implement cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies to enhance the operation of particular services and functionality of our websites or applications. For example, we allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. These cookies are called Flash cookies.
As you use our websites or applications, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically when you use our services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
We collect information you give us when you use our services. Some examples of using our "services" are when you make a purchase at one of our stores, visit or make a purchase via one of our websites, create a Starbucks account, buy or send a gift certificate or e-gift online, download and install one of our mobile applications or participate in a survey or promotion. You may also give us information in connection with applying for or managing a franchised Starbucks store. The information you give us may include your name or surname, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, financial account information such as a credit card number, birthday, city of birth, demographic information, and any other information you choose to give us. You may also permit us to access information stored in the “contacts list” on your device or provide us with information regarding the person you direct us to send a gift certificate or e-gift online, if applicable.
When you access our websites or use our services or mobile applications, we may collect information about your access and use. This information includes:
- – We may collect information about your transactions at our stores or on our websites including products you purchase, purchase frequency, any gifts or promotions related to purchases and products you have included in your "list of purchase" in the future.
- – When you download and install one of our mobile applications or use a computer, tablet, smartphone or other device to access our website, when you use the service or mobile applications or you purchase products or services through our websites, we may collect information about the devices you use and how you use it.
– When you download and install one of our mobile applications, or use a computer, tablet, smart phone or other device to access our websites, use our services or mobile applications, or purchase products or services via our websites, we may collect information about your physical location.
We may combine this information with other location-based information, such as your IP address and invoicing information to give you information about stores near you, provide you with the distance of such stores from your location, and facilitate the operation of other services or functionality on our websites and in our mobile applications. We share your location information only with service providers that help us provide you with these services and functionality or help us understand how these services and functionality are being used. If you want to opt out of the collection of location information, please see the section below titled, "Your Choices"
We also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google+. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and your use of our websites and applications. These technologies include cookies, web beacons, java scripts, entity tags and HTML local storage. Most web browsers can be programmed to accept or reject the use of these technologies in certain circumstances or altogether. For more information about changing your browser settings, please see the section of this Statement titled "Your Choices.
- – Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs,” “single pixel gifs”, ”page tags” or “web bugs.” We use web beacons to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on.
- – ava scripts are code snippets embedded in various parts of websites and applications that facilitate a variety of operations including accelerating the refresh speed of certain functionality or monitoring usage of various online components.
- - Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- – HTML5 local storage allows named key/value pairs from websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser in order to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
– Some of these technologies are required to allow you to access or use our websites or mobile applications and the various services and functionality we offer. Without these technologies, some of the services and functionality we make available on our websites and mobile applications would not work properly.
– Some of these technologies help us analyse and estimate traffic and assess the volume of use of services and functionality on websites and mobile applications. They show us how visitors and users interact with our digital properties, whether there are any errors, the degree to which certain web pages, applications, services or functionality are accessed and used and how they are performing or operating. When these technologies are used for performance monitoring, no information that could identify you is collected.
– ome of these technologies enhance the ease of use of our websites and mobile applications and the services and functionality they make available by accelerating load and refresh times and remembering information that you have provided on prior visits to our websites or when you last used a particular website or mobile application service or functionality.
– Some of these technologies are used to tailor your experience on our website or within our mobile applications by controlling the promotions, advertisements and other marketing messages that may appear when you access or use these digital properties. These technologies also help us learn which services and functionality you are using and how you are accessing information about us. We may use this information to personalize your visit to a website or use of a mobile application and to send you relevant promotions and advertisements.
4. Your Choices
Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of these promotional communications by emailing us at , calling us at 0326032468 or by writing to us at Starbucks Customer Care, Viet Idea, 76 Le Lai, Ben Thanh ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your accounts, purchases.
You can adjust the settings of your computer, tablet, smart phone or other device so that information about your physical location is not communicated by (a) disabling “location services” within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device.
– You may reject the use of most cookies, web beacons, entity tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is a little different, but the most common browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) have preferences or options that may be adjusted so the browser notifies you if a website wants to set or install a cookie or similar technology and allows you to either accept or reject the cookie or other technology before it is set or installed or allows you to remove or reject the use or installation of these technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
– As with cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, most browsers allow you to reject the use of Java Scripts by adjusting the appropriate browser settings. Again each browser is a little different, but most allow java scripts to either be accepted or rejected.
- We allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies and Java Scripts associated with the delivery of video content for Adobe Flash Player. While Flash cookies and Java Scripts cannot be removed by changing the browser settings, you can limit the websites that can deploy Flash cookies and Java Scripts on your device by visiting the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer..
– In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser, many advertising companies that may collect anonymous information for advertisement targeting purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which provide an opt-out of advertisement targeting from their members located at their respective websites at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and .
– Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- To process your purchases of products and services;
- To facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications
- To deliver gift certificates or e-gifts in accordance with your instructions;
- To communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, accounts, programs;
- To respond to your customer service enquiries and requests for information;
- To post your comments or statements on our websites;
- To send you personalized promotions, advertisements, newsletters, and special offers;
- To inform you about our products, services, contests, sweepstakes, events, or other promotions;
- To maintain and improve our websites, mobile applications and the products and services we offer;
- To detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- To maintain accurate and appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
The information you provide us is stored and processed on servers owned or controlled by Starbucks and other companies in Vietnam, the United States and/or the United Kingdom. Some of the companies or other organizations who may handle your information are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as countries in the EEA. The United States is one of the countries that provide less protection than countries in the EEA. Regardless of the company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this Statement.
If you want to change your information, and cancel your account your information, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you ask us to delete your account, we will stop using your account information and remove such information from our data promptly as your request unless any law, any court or regulatory agency or authority requires to retain such information for any other purposes. You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims, legal responsibilities arising from your deletion account request.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. You can contact Starbucks Customer Relations online at , by email at , by telephone at 0326032468 or by postal mail at Starbucks Customer Care, Viet Idea Food & Beverages Company Limited, 76 Le Lai, Ben Thanh ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
You have the right, under the Law on Information Technology and Law on Network Information Safety (the "Laws"), to ask us to check, correct or update information we hold about you by writing to us by email at , by telephone at 0326032468 or by postal mail at Starbucks Customer Care, Viet Idea Food & Beverages Company Limited, 76 Le Lai, Ben Thanh ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
We protect your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your information in accordance with the Law. Some of our safeguards include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and administrative informational controls. When you transmit highly sensitive information (such as a credit card number) through our websites or via our mobile applications, we encrypt the transmission of that information using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 18. As we cannot distinguish the age of person who access our website or online service, our privacy is applied to all who are using/accessing our websites or online service. Hence, if you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below.
This Statement went into effect on the date noted at the top of this web page. We may update this Statement from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Statement on this page and change the date at the top of this website. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Statement by checking this date when you visit this webpage. We will notify you of any modifications to this Statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information prior to the change becoming effective by means of a message on this site.